Chicago’s Most Lauded Singers Perform Together For One Night Only at
May 17 at 7:00PM at Sidetrack Get tickets HERE!
Chicago’s best musical theatre performers gather for one night only on the same stage when the 2016 Jeff Award Nominees are honored at Nominee Night, May 17 at 7PM at Sidetrack Video Bar in Lake View, Chicago.
Pride Films and Plays is partnering with Chicago’s own Buzz On Stage to bring you an exciting evening showcasing musical performances from the Best Actors and Actresses, and Best Supporting Actors and Actresses nominated for the 2015/16 Non-Equity Joseph Jefferson (“Jeff”) Awards.
All proceeds from the evening benefit the New Musical Initiative at Pride Films and Plays, including the upcoming free workshop of Adam Mathias and Jonathan Monro’s A History of Summer, the story of Fire Island, at Theatre Wit on Tuesday and Wednesday, June 28 and 29, 2016.
Performers slated to appear include:
- Justin Adair, Fugitive Songs, BoHo Theater
- Kyrie Anderson, Blood Brothers, Theo Ubique
- Matt Frye, [title of show], The Brown Paper Box Co.
- Amanda Giles, Loving Repeating, Kokandy
- Row 2 Emily Goldberg, both Loving Repeating and DogFight, BoHo Theater
- Stephanie Hansen, The Marvin Hamlisch Songbook, Theo Ubique
- Carl Herzog, My Way, Theo Ubique
- Amanda Horvath, Murder Ballad, Bailiwick Chicago
- Row 3: Michelle Lauto, Boy from Oz, Pride Films and Plays
- Chris Logan, both Boy from Oz and Murder Ballad
- Courtney Mack, Heathers, Kokandy Productions
- Aubrey McGrath, Rent, Theo Ubique
- Row 4: Tommy Novak, Producers, NightBlue Performing Arts Company
- Jordan Phelps, Blood Brothers
- Robert Ollis, musical director
- Gerard Salvador, special Guest Host
Doors open at 6:30PM, with a musical program from 7:00PM to 8:30PM. General Admission tickets are $20. VIP tickets are available for $30 and include reserved seating and program recognition (if purchased by May 12).
Tickets can be purchased online at www.BuzzOnStage.com/nominee-night, or just search for “Nominee Night”.
Door prize tickets will be available for purchase in person and at www.buzzonstage.com for a chance to win prizes such as theatre tickets, a sunset cruise on Lake Michigan and more.
Sidetrack Video Bar is at 3349 N Halsted St., in Lake View, Chicago. For more information, please call 800-737-0984 or visit www.pridefilmsandplays.com.
ABOUT PRIDE FILMS AND PLAYS
The mission of Pride Films and Plays is to change lives through the generation of diverse new work (or work that is new to Chicago) with LGBTQ+ characters or themes that is essential viewing for all audiences. We accomplish this mission through fully-staged productions, writing contests and staged readings, film screenings, and special events. We foster long term relationships with artists to create programming that is as diverse, unique, and complex as the community we represent. In 2015, Huffington Post called PFP “A powerful and empowering entity.” For more information, please visit www.PrideFilmsAndPlays.com.
ABOUT BUZZ ON STAGE
Buzz On Stage is a new Chicago-based theatre service bringing you the best ticket prices, critic and user reviews and original articles about Chicago theatre – all in one place. The goal of Buzz On Stage is to attract a new generation of theatre-goers by making going to theatre as easy as dinner or the movies. For more information, please visit www.BuzzOnStage.com or email Brandon Hollembeak, Co-Founder & CEO, at firstname.lastname@example.org.